28/01/2009

The world’s first user generated feature film


FAINTHEART

I haven’t seen it yet, I just saw the trailer here.
It brought back a mix of images into my head of Monty Python and the Holy Grail meets Trainspotting, meets Little Britain, meets About a boy. It could be my kind of movie, no too much thinking, no too much blood, and no fairytales. Right now I just want a movie that makes me smile and I will be a happy costumer.
The other interesting thing about this movie is the way it has been created, produced and distributed. I like the idea of cutting off the middle man.



The movie, launched today with a series of free screenings, was produced with contributions from users of the social networking website Myspace.
While it features a number of seasoned actors, including Trainspotting's Ewen Bremner and Tim Healy from Auf Wiedersehen, Pet, MySpacers were invited to post short films to pitch for the job of director.
The entries were scrutinised by a panel of judges including the actor Sienna Miller to produce a shortlist, from which MySpacers chose first-time director Vito Rocco.
Site users were also asked to post videos auditioning for eight lead and supporting roles, and parts of the script were put up on the site for discussion and suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment